Can I get permanent resident certificate? I am came to the UK 2004 from Lithuania, worked, had worker registration certificate for A8 country citizens. Worked full time 2004-2009. Then 3 month do not worked. After start work part time 16-20 hr per week. And continue working without any gaps. So I claimed and claim public funds. Working tax credit, child tax credit, housing benefit and council tax benefit. Because of this I am afraid that my application can be rejected. Is it true?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question. It is likely that because you have been working consistently for the past 11 years you will be able to obtain a permanent residence Card (PRC). A PRC simply documents the permanent residence status that you already possess because you have been exercising your EU Treaty rights by working in the UK. Claiming tax benefits that you are legally entitled to will not affect your permanent residence status. Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contact Form. I look forward to hearing back from you soon. Best regards, OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]