Dear madam/sir, I am an Indian holding a BRP residence card. My mother in law who holds 5 year British visa was suppose to arrive to uk on 15th Sep 2017 after her 2 and half year stay in India due to her health condition. But the immigration people dint allow her to get into the flight because she overstayed India. They told her to apply for and entry clearance. Her visa expires in 2018. She is spouse of EEA national. Can you suggest me how to go about this situation as my mother in law should be in uk to help me as I am currently 8 months pregnant.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

The maximum time you can be out of the UK as a family member of an EEA National is 6 months in a year. From the facts you have provided your mother in law has exceeded this. 

We will require further information from you in order to asses the options your mother in law has.

We will contact you shortly to discuss your mother's Immigration matter.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contract Form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]