Dear OTS solicitors, I would like to apply for an adult dependant visa for my mother. she had a fall in 2012 which resulted in a part of her leg near the ankle being cut off. so she now has limited mobility and walks with crutches. Unfortunately due to the infrastructure in zambia where there are very few pedestrian pavements her mobility has been very limited. Recently she had a fall where she stepped on an uneven surface and fell resulting in her injuring the leg again. I am an engineer and my brother lives in London and works for BP as an engineer too so between my brother and i we would like her to come and live with me so that her quality of life can improve. at the moment she is stuck at home unless someone in our extended family takes pity on her and takes her out in a car.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry. 

An application under the Adult Dependent Relative visa route is tough but not impossible. 

Your mother may be eligible to apply for entry clearance as an adult dependent however, we will need to take full instructions from you to advise you further. 

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]