Dear OTS Solicitors, my spouse and I were about to move to UK and my spouse was granted a spouse visa this year. Now we have settled in Uk with our children ( all UK citizens) and in our own house. However my job takes me to Singapore for several years. My wife and children intend to stay in UK while I will be visiting UK for 90 days per year and they will visit me in Singapore for 90 days per year too. In effect we will spend 180 days together. I intend to return to Uk within few years as this is a temporary placement within Uk based company. Can my wife apply for spouse visa extension and ILR eventually under this circumstances?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

When applying for an extension as a spouse and subsequently Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK as a spouse, amongst all other requirements stipulated within Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules, you must demonstrate that you both have the intention to live together permanently and that your relationship is genuine and subsisting. 

We have dealt with a similar situation to your wife's whereby our client was issued with Leave to Remain successfully. Of course each application is unique and will be decided on its own merit. 

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]