Dear OTS team,
I currently held a spouse visa and I'm about to open my own business.
My marriage isn't going well, and I wanted to know if I qualify to apply for an Entrepreneur Visa in the unfortunate event that we can't solve our differences? If yes, could I do it from inside the UK, and what would be the minimum amount I should have invest to qualify?
thank you very much for your time

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your email to OTS Solicitors.

After reading your query, I am confident that we can advise you regarding your case.

This is something that our firm routinely deals with. I would suggest that we arrange a consultation to discuss your case further. The following is not an exhaustive list and should not be taken as legal advice until we have your full instructions. However, there are certain requirements you will need to show:

• £200,000 GBP to invest in your proposed business in the UK, or £100,000 GBP if you are part of an entrepreneurial team of two partners
• Or you may have access to £50,000 to invest in your business from a venture capital firm regulated by the FSA
• Evidence of a genuine and viable business plan
• Evidence of your English language ability and that you have sufficient funds to maintain yourself in the UK.

Without taking your full instruction we are unable to advise you, and kindly ask that you confirm your availability for an appointment with us this week/next week?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]