Dear Sir. I am a retired dentist,late sixties. I have been in contact via phone for over eight years with a lady from Ghana. I would like to invite her to England for a short holiday. I would like to know if this is possible and,if so,what sort of visa she would have to apply for and where.. Also i would like a realistic assessment of the odds of her being able to do this!! I say this because i know the UK authorities do not make it easy. An e-mail is fine but,if you phone,i am away from the 10th to the 12th. Thank you in advance fro answering my query.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear Sir,

Thank you for Immigration enquiry.

Your friend may be able to apply for a visit visa, providing she meets the visit visa requirements. We will need to asses her activities and ties in Ghana as well as the financial aspect of her travel.

A solicitor will contact you to discuss this in more detail.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]