Dear Sir/Madam. I became british citizen in 2011 and went to my country Iran. in 2014 i got married and now have a 4 months old son. As i know i have to earn 18600 pound to bring my wife to uk, but my question is this: Can i earn 22400 pound (for my son and wife together ) as well to bring him to uk? or do i have to get british passport to bring him to uk? Because someone told me for my son i must get a british passport to bring him to uk and im now allowed to pay tax for him as i pay for my wife . Thanks for your useful site

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

A UK settled person, who wishes to sponsor a non-EEA spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner or fiancé to join them in the UK, must have a minimum salary of £18,600 per year and have had this level of income for six months or more.  A further £3,800 is required for one dependent child and £2,400 for each additional child.

Your son may be eligible for British citizenship, however we will require further information in order to assess this.

we will contact shortly. 

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]