Do i have a right to try claim off my 6 sons father whom I divorced around 24 years ago due to physical and mental abuse . I bought the 6 boys up on my own. At the time we had a restaurant and as I was afraid of my ex husband he made me sign it all Over to him . He never paid any child support . Our sons are now 37 33 31 29 26 and 26 . I feel cheated by the system and feel I should be awarded some monies off of him as he never paid at all for thier upbringing

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry. 
I totally empathise with you and your predicament but I’m afraid that it will be very difficult to get any money backdated and the chances are very slim as your children are all grown up now. 
I would advise that you seek assistance outside the Family Courts or perhaps get in touch with Child Maintenance Service to see if there is anything they can do to help you with.
[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]