- Immigration Law
- Corporate Law
- Divorces & Family Law
- Employment Law
- Litigation, Courts & Tribunals
Hourly rate charges
Our charges will be calculated mainly by reference to the time actually spent by the solicitors
and other staff in respect of any work which they do on your behalf. Please note all non-
qualified staff, paralegal and trainee solicitors are always supervised by experienced solicitors
from within each department. A profile of each solicitor and caseworker is provided on our
website with details of their qualifications and accreditations and examples of cases they have
Our current rates are set out below.
Senior Consultants £500
Solicitors over 8 years qualified experience £400
Solicitors /legal executives, 4 years + qualified experience £300
Other qualified Solicitors and Legal Executives £200
Trainee Solicitors, Paralegal & equivalent £130
These charges are reviewed annually and we will let you know if the rates increase.
Our pricing for bringing and defending claims for unfair or wrongful dismissal
Simple case: £5000-£10000 (excluding VAT)
Medium complexity case: £10000-£15000 (excluding VAT)
High complexity case: £15000-£25000 (excluding VAT)
Factors that could make a case more complex:
- If it is necessary to make or defend applications to amend claims or to provide further information about an existing claim
- Defending claims that are brought by litigants in person
- Making or defending a costs application
- Complex preliminary issues such as whether the claimant is disabled (if this is not agreed by the parties)
- The number of witnesses and documents
- If it is an automatic unfair dismissal claim e.g. if you are dismissed after blowing the whistle on your employer
- Allegations of discrimination which are linked to the dismissal
There will be an additional charge for attending a Tribunal Hearing of £500-£1000 per day (excluding VAT). Generally, we would allow 7 days depending on the complexity of your case.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Counsel's fees estimated between £750 to £1000 per day (depending on experience of the advocate) for attending a Tribunal Hearing (including preparation)
The fees set out above cover all of the work in relation to the following key stages of a claim:
- Taking your initial instructions, reviewing the papers and advising you on merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change)
- Entering into pre-claim conciliation where this is mandatory to explore whether a settlement can be reached;
- Preparing claim or response
- Reviewing and advising on claim or response from other party
- Exploring settlement and negotiating settlement throughout the process
- Preparing or considering a schedule of loss
- Preparing for (and attending) a Preliminary Hearing
- Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of documents
- Taking witness statements, drafting statements and agreeing their content with witnesses
- Preparing bundle of documents
- Reviewing and advising on the other party's witness statements
- Agreeing a list of issues, a chronology and/or cast list
- Preparation and attendance at Final Hearing, including instructions to Counsel
The stages set out above are an indication and if some of stages above are not required, the
fee will be reduced. You may wish to handle the claim yourself and only have our advice in
relation to some of the stages. This can also be arranged on your individual needs.
How long will my matter take?
The time that it takes from taking your initial instructions to the final resolution of your matter depends largely on the stage at which your case is resolved. If a settlement is reached during pre-claim conciliation, your case is likely to take 4-8 weeks. If your claim proceeds to a Final Hearing, your case is likely to take 6-12 months. This is just an estimate and we will of course be able to give you a more accurate timescale once we have more information and as the matter progresses.
For a more detailed discussion regarding your case, or to book an appointment with a member of our Employment Law team, please call us now on 0203 959 9123