Good afternoon, I'm italian and my husband is non-EU. We applied for EEA FM and EEA QP in the same envelope based on the fact that I am a qualified person and we are married. We provided all required documents in original, including of course my wage slips, P60 and bank statements. I have been working on a full term, permanent contract in the UK for more than one year. We receive a short CoA saying we did not submit suffient original proof of the sponsor (me) exercising treaty rights. Now we are waiting for the final application outcome. My question: can you confirm they made a mistake on issuing a short certificate? surely we can appeal and we are entitled to receive the EEA FM residence card for my husband as all criteria required for obtaining it are met. Thank you in advance.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question. You may be entitled to appeal as you seem to match the criteria that is required to be considered a 'qualified person'. To help you further we will need to find out more details. We will be in touch shortly.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]