Good morning. I am a Filipino citizen and I want to live and work in UK. I, together with husband and child, have been to the UK twice for a short visit. My sister, her spouse and kids are all British citizens. She wants us to live with them in the UK. She wants to help us but do not know how. Can she sponsor me, us? Do I need a sponsor/employer? When I am next in UK for vacation, can I randomly just look for a job and switch visa to work visa? Please advise. Thank you in advance.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear madam, thank you for your query. Unfortunately, visitor/tourist visas do not permit you to work in the UK or switch into a category which will allow you to work in the UK. However, a member of OTS Solicitor will contact you to assess your options of migrating to the UK. 

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]