Hello, I came to UK in 2016 and completed my MBA in last year November. My visa is expiring on 16 March 2018 and I am thinking for claiming leave to remain for job search purpose and i am very confident that in coming 3 to 4 months i'll get a job. Can I claim the leave to remain ? if yes, than can i switch to tier 2 application upon job offer or can i switch to spouse visa within next 4 months? If you can please guide me about any complications in this regard? Thanks

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

You should be able to switch to Tier 2 visa from your Tier 4 visa, providing you meet the relevant requirements. 

We would need to have some further information from you in order for us to advise you further.

A solicitor will contact you shortly to discuss your matter.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]