I came to UK in visit visa with my family at age of 13. Now im 26 and I have spent half of my life here. I went to school and college here.
As I was under age, coming here was not my decision.  

Could you please tell me how could I regularise my status here?


Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry. 

You may be eligible to apply for Leave to Remain in the UK based on your private and family life in the UK. Please note you cannot obtain Leave to Remain in the UK simply based on the fact that you came to the UK as a child and spent half of your life here. Although this is a requirement you must meet, this cannot be fulfilled on its own. There are other requirements under the said Immigration Rules which you must meet in order to convince the Secretary of State for the Home Department to grant you limited Leave to Remain in the UK.

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors


[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]