Hello, my boyfriend who is a British citizen and I (Turkish citizen) live in Italy and intend to settle in the Uk. He meets the income requirements in Italy with his job and now he is trying to get a job in the UK. Can I apply for my unmarried partnership visa as soon as he gets hired and sorts the accommodation? Can I even start the process of my application by giving a hotel reservation or a temporary accommodation until we find a definite address? Thanks in advance!

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear Madam,

Many thanks for your question regarding unmarried partner visa.

Please note, you may also be in a position to apply for a family permit. Our solicitors will contact you shortly to discuss this matter further.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]