Hello All, I am presently in the UK on a PBS Dependant Visa for 3 years to expire in 2022. I have been having some marital issues with my spouse (who is the main Tier 2 visa holder). What are my options if the marriage breaks down? Do I have to leave the UK immediately? Also, some employers have expressed concern about my employment status due to the dependency nature of the visa. Is this legal?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry. The Home Office advises that you must inform them when you divorce or separate from your partner if your visa is based on your relationship (this includes PBS dependants). Once this is done, an individual must then either apply for a new visa or leave the UK. It may be worth exploring if there are any other visa categories available to you. I hope that you have found this helpful, please feel free to get in touch or book a consultation for further information.

Please call us on 0203 959 9123 or contact us here: https://otssolicitors.co.uk/contact 
[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]