Hello. I am a French national who has worked continuously in the uk for the past 9 years. I am about to marry - in the uk - my japanese partner who is in the UK on a Tier4 student visa (expiring in November). What is the best and fastest route to get my spouse right to stay and work in the UK. The FLR(M) or the EEA (1 for me and 2 for her) route? Thanks

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your partner may be eligible to apply for an EEA Residence card as the spouse of an EEA national who is excercising their treaty rights in the UK. 

You will not fall under the Immigration Rules and thus the FLR-M application is not the right application for you. The EEA Regulations governs  your rights in the UK not the Immigration Rules. 

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]