Hello. I'm Indian,married with EU citizen in 2011. Saidly she left me a year ago,we divorced and I've got ILR. Can I apply this year for PR as I fullfill 5 years from our marriage date or need to wait 5 years from the date I've got my ILR? Not clear for me the time counts as contiounus time or breaking when I've got my ILR. Thank you in advance! Kind Regards

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry. 

We note that you currently hold Indefinite Leave to Remain and as such you will not be required to make an application for permanent residency. You may be eligible to apply for naturalisation depending on how long you have held Indefinite Leave to Remain

We will contact you shortly to discuss your matter further. 

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]