Hello OTS, Could you advice me, I got married on 5th Oct 2012 and got my family member of EEA visa for 5 years until Feb 2018. I lost my passport which had the old visa and reapplied and got my new visa until 28th Feb 2019. My marriage got broke up after living 4 years together in UK and now I will be completing 5 years in UK (4 years with marriage and 1 year after divorce). I have my copy of marriage certificate and old passport number.
Am I eligible to apply for PR? I can provide that me and my partner was exercising treaty over the past 5 years. Kindly advice how I should move forward and what other documents are required.
Many Thanks

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

You may be eligible to apply for permanent residence providing that you can show that your ex-partner was exercising treaty rights from the date of marriage till the date of divorce. You are also required to show that you were exercising treaty rights after the divorce, for the rest of the qualifying period. There are additional requirements that you must meet to qualify. 

We will need to assess your matter in more detail before advising you. 

We will contact you shortly to discuss this matter further. 

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consult with our immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contact Form.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]