Hello OTS Team Many Thanks for your great service. I am on a Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Parner(Dependent Visa) valid till Oct 2018. We are positive that My Partner's visa will be extended by one year. Just in case if I need to convert my Tier 2 Dependent to a Tier 2 General Visa could you elaborate the process and who i should reach out. I am currently in a job and the contract is for 6 months. Can you let me know what I have to do to get a Tier 2 General Visa within the UK and within October 2018. Thanks for your continuous support.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.

As a dependent visa holder, you are unable to switch to a Tier 2 General visa (as the main applicant) from within the UK. If you wish to switch to this visa, you would need to leave the UK and apply from your home country. Your partner will also be unable to switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General (as a main applicant) within the UK and will have to wait 12 months before returning to the UK.

If you would like further guidance on this, please do not hesitate to contact us.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]