Hi, i am Dutch national - been in the UK since 2002. working on and off but studying full time till 2008, that period i didn't have CSI as i didn't know it was a requirement. and 2012 - present working. my first child is born 2010 is he born British? and my second child is born 2016 we have applied British passport for him but unfortunately, the application was premature as the LAW Regulator closed the solicitors firm. we have received our documents but without a decision. my question is am i qualified person? are my children British or i need to register them? what are your fees? do i need to apply for PR card first in order to get my children British passport? thank you

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

You may be eligible to apply for permanent residence as an EEA National so long as you can demonstrate that you have been exercising treaty rights in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years. We will require additonal information from you to asses this.

In regards to your children, we will require further information from you to assess whether they meet the requirements for British citizenship

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]