Hi, I am non EU citizen living in UK with a EEA/ea spouse visa. My wife is Irish citizen but she has dual UK citizenship having been born and lived in UK all her life. I have read that she needs to renounce her British Citizenship for me to apply for indefinite leave to remain. Is this true? Please help as we are both so concerned.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

You cannot rely on EEA Regulations 2016 if your spouse is a British Citizen. 

We will need additional information to asses this. Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]