Hi, I came to the UK with my husband and 2 kids from Eu country as a non-EEA family member of EEA national. After 6 months I applied for residence permit and granted. Last February I applied for PR card, I got replied and more questions and asking for more supporting documents to proof if my husband exercising treaty right in the eu country which he did. But our problem at the moment we don't keep paper work when he worked as self employed . Actually we all threw all paper works before we moved. Now I am worried that they will refused my application. My husband is british , We are married, with 2 young children (5&7). Be grateful for any advice thank you.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

You are required to provide extensive evidence to the Home Office to demonstrate that your husband is exercising Treaty rights in the UK. You can contact HMRC to get a record of your Employment history. 

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]