Hi, I have arrived in the UK in July 2009 as a tier 4 student and after several extention I am on a tier 4 dependent visa. I have just over 2 years left tillI am eligible to apply for 10 year Long Residence visa but my partner is applying for ILR in a few months time. I still have a validtier for dependent visa till July 2019 and by then I will be able to apply for ILR through long residence. My question is will I have to switch into a UK spouse visaor can I just stay as a tier 4 dependent? I'd rather not apply to switch into a FLR (M) visa as I heard my ILR count resets when I switch. Thank you

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question. We will need to talk with you further to provide guidance as to which route is best for your long-term. Someone from our office will be in touch with you shortly to discuss.
Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contact form.
I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,
OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]