Hi, I need an advice for my step-children. Thier dad (my Husband) and I are both British (originally Bosnian). Kids are: boy 19, finished school and don't have a job and girl 16 still at school. we would like to secure a residence for both kids in the UK. Thier mother in agreement. We own our house and have £85-90K collective income per year can fully support them with no reliance on public fund. no criminal records. Can we apply for them to get residence in the UK?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

At OTS Solicitors, we understand the difficulties faced by parents whom are separated from their children as we have dealt with many sucessful applications involving children migrating to the UK from abroad to join their parents. 

Your step-daughter is under the age of 18 and thus may be eligible to apply to join you and your husband in the UK under the Immigration Rules (Paragraph 297). This will entirely depend upon her meeting ALL of the requirements under the Immigration Rules and providing adequate evidence to prove the same. Your step-son is over the age of 18 and thus we would have to explore the Immigration Rules and Article 8 of the European Convention on human rights (ECHR) to estabalish the best route for him to secure a visa to the UK along with your step-daughter.

From the facts of your enquiry, we believe a consultation at our office or by telephone will benefit you as we willl be able to take full instrcutions from you to advise you on the best visa route available for the children in their given circumstances.   

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]