Hi, my dad and my sisters we all have British citizenship and passport. However my mom doesn't have one. She hasn't been to school so she couldn't pass the required English exam. My dad salary is above 30k. Is there any other way to bring her here for settlement apart from tourist visa. It's been 6 years living without our mom here. This has affect in our daily lives as there is emptyness of motherly love.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry. 

Your mother may be eligible to apply for entry clearance to the UK as a spouse.

Your father's income of £30,000 does appear to meet the financial requirement under Appendix FM of the immigration Rules, however in order for us to provide you with full advice, we will need to take detailed instructions from your father about his employment in the UK. 

Your mother will need to pass the IELTS Life Skills Exam at level A1 of the CEFR before making any entry clearance application as she is not automatically exempt from this requirement. 

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contact Form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]