Hi, my partner came here at the age of 16 in 2010, he has overstayed 6 years after his 2 year visa expired. However I am a British citizen and we have just had a child together (not married) he's active in our sons life and he has signed his birth certificate. I'm aware he has a case for leave to remain, however I wanted to know how straightforward this would be, and how expensive it would be altogether roughly if we were to bring our case to you.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry. 

Your partner may be eligible to apply for leave to remain in the UK under Appendix FM, Ex.1 and 2 of the Immigration Rules. Under this category, there are specific requirements which must be met in order for the Home Office to grant leave to remain in the UK outside of the Immigration Rules. 

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]