Hi. I am a British by birth got married in Pakistan 2013 stayed there till June 17 have three children brought two kids with me in uk this year had applied for British passport for 3rd one which is in process. i am on income support now as my both daughters are under 4 do I need to look for a job to bring my wife over

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your will need to meet certain requirements in order to bring your wife in the UK under the Entry Clearance route.

Generally, the following requirements must be met.

  • You must intend to live together permanently.
  • You must have enough money to support yourselves (and any dependents) without claiming public funds.
  • Your (the sponsoring partner) must earn more than £18,600 per year or have enough savings to be able to sponsor you. 
  • You must have suitable accommodation for you, your spouse and any dependants.
  • You wife must satisfy the English language requirements.

Please note there are additional requirements that need to be met.

We will contact you to discuss your Immigration enquiry in more detail.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]