Hi I am a non EEA national living in the uk for 10 years now. I came here as a student back in 2008 February. I had valid student visa for 6 years. Then I switched my visa as a eea extended family member(unmarried partner ) with my then girlfriend who was Spanish back in 2013 december.. Unfortunately she had to go back to Spain to look after her parents in may 2014.I was waiting for her to come back but she didn't. I was broken I didn't know what to do. I met another girl in 2014 who is eea member & has PR. Our relationship slowly built & now we are living together for 18 months. We both are very happy at the moment & we want to get married.My visa is expiring in December 2018. What are my available options now. Pls let me know

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.  You may be able to apply for settlement (ILR) under the 10 year long residence scheme.  Someone will be in touch with you to find out more about your situation and whether or not you qualify.

Disclaimer:  Please note, this answer does not constitute legal advice.  To provide advice, we need your formal instruction.

Best wishes,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]