Hi I am a Peruvian citizen living in Peru. I have applied for and received a general visitors visa, but I have not yet visited the UK. I plan to visit in June for one or two months. Before leaving Peru, I am applying for a Student Visa to study in the UK from September and I understand that I will not be able to enter the UK on the Student Visa until August (one month before). Can I visit the UK in June on my visitors visa and leave in August to travel to Europe and then re-enter the UK after the allowed date on my Student Visa? Are there any problems with this plan or with having two (valid) visas in my passport?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

We understand that you have applied for a single entry visit visa to the UK. Once you enter using this visa once, you cannot leave the UK and re-enter on the same visa - by virtue of it being a single entry visa. 

As long as you have a valid Student Visa issued on your passport before travelling from Peru, you should have no issues in entering the UK on a Student Visa during the designated time on your visa vignette.

 Therefore, you should be able to re-enter the UK as a student after your visit in the UK. You must of course ensure that you have valid visas to travel to other countries in Europe. 

Please note you cannot be present in the UK with more than one valid visa. 

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contact Form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]