hi i have been living in the uk for 9 years and i was caught by the Immigration recently i put in an application in 2012 which was refused and i didnt get any response from my lawyer and i was told ive been given a 3 months removal notice.. i dont wanna go back because ive established my life here i have a girlfriend whom we are thinking of starting a family together i also have friends here. is there anything you can do to help me? im really worried cos time is against me

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.

You may be able to make an application to the Home Office for discretionary leave to remain in the UK. A discretionary leave application will seek to argue a person’s circumstances and backgrounds such as their age, length of residence in the UK, strength of connections within the UK, personal history including character, conduct and Employment record, domestic circumstances, previous criminal record and nature of any offence for which a person has been convicted, compassionate circumstances and any representations received on the person’s behalf. The Home Office will consider whether the person has ties back in their native country of origin or the country where they would have to go to if returned

To make a good application it is likely you will need professional legal advice in order to be successful. Please get in touch so we can assist you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contact Form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]