Hi my Canadian boyfriend of 2 and half years has applied for an unmarried partner ship visa. After paying a lot of money for it to be prioritised it is taken nearly 3 months and still no answer let. But he needs his passport back for work, is there anyway he can request for it back or is there a travel document that he can use so he can travel? Without interrupting the application process?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

Recently, we have come across many enquiries similar to that of yours. We have sucessfully liaised with the Home Office in order for them to issue a decision on applications which are being held up. 

In your situation, you may wish to liaise with various departments within the Home Office in order to push the Entry Clearance Officers to issue a decision on your partner's application. 

You cannot request your partner's passport back from the Home Office as this would treat the application as withdrawn. 

We are in a position to assist you. Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]