Hi solicitor I am Nepalese citizen. I came uk in 2009 under tier 4 student visa. I extendedvisa for three times under studentfinal one .. expired 2016.. then I applied for FLR(o) which was refused in 2017 and I apply asylum.. now it is pending.i an asylum seeker now.i have a boyfriend from Portugal who is living and working here in U.K. . We are in relationship for 3 years but we do not live together same address. We want to get married now. How is it possible? Coz I don't have passport with me now. It's in home offfice .. I tried giving notice on marriage to register but they need passport which I do it have now with me. How can I stay with my boyfriend here legally. My boyfriend has been here in uk for 4 n half years. He gonna apply for residence when it will be 5 years. So please help

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

You may be eligible to apply for a residence card as the extended family member of a EEA National so long as you can demonstrate that the EEA national has been exercising their treaty rights in the UK.

As a non-EEA national who is not married to the EEA national, you will have to produce plenty of evidence to prove your relationship. Your matter is complicated and will need to be assessed in detail before we can confirm anything.

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration Solicititos please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]