Hi there, I am currently working in UK on ICT long term visa and I'm completing my 5 years on 14th April, 2019. My spouse holds ICT dependent visa and is working in a permanent job for an employer based in London. Is it possible for my spouse to switch from ICT long term to Tier 2 General without affecting the permanent current job. Please advice.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your question.

Your wife will be able to switch from her Tier 2 ICT visa to Tier 2 General visa providing she leaves the UK and makes an entry clearance application. She will be able to apply for the Tier 2 General visa straight away as long as the prospective employer has a Sponsor Licence and goes through the relevant procedures to hire her.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]