Hi there, My fiancee is British and I am Brazilian. We're living in Australia at the moment, country here I've been living for the past 6-7 years. She moved to Australia January 2017, but we know each other for over 6 years. We're going to get married in UK on October 2018, but we're planning to move to UK a bit earlier. I've heard I can only make this move on a family visa 6 months before our wedding day, is that true?So it would be only may-jury next year. Rather than that, do we have any other available option so we could begin our lives in UK sooner?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

There may be 2 possible routes available to you to enter the UK with a view to settle as a family member/spouse of a British citizen. They are; entry clearance as an unmarried partner or entry clearance as a fiancee. There may be other options available to you and thus we will need more information from you before we can advise. 

Before we can answer your question, we need to clarify a few issues so that we can advise you as to the best way forward.

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]