Hi there. Could you please advise what is the best way for my son to stay in the UK after 5 year student visa, with PhD diploma.( He is finishing his 4th year of PhD course next year in March). He is South African citizen, born in Russia. He has done his Master degree in York. We can buy an apartment for him in the UK, if he will be able to get his residence status. Also I have a daughter and a son in law, living in the UK more then 10 years.(I mention it , thinking that it might help). My son is in London, he can come to you for a consultation, if he has a chance to qualify to be an applicant for a residency or a work permit in the UK. Kind regards,

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your son may be able to switch into the Tier1 or Teir 2 visa catergory. This will of course depend upon his financial circumstances as well as his career goals. At this stage, it would be beneficial for your son to come to our office for a consultation so that we can explore all the options with him to live and work in the UK. 

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]