Hi we are a non EEU NZ family of 4 and have indefinite leave to remain with residency cards.However our children needed to renew their cards due to age/appearance after 5 years in photo.We sent documentation in feb to home office and have still not got back the renewal cards, even though we have full residency.We are due to visit family in NZ in August and wondered if children will be refused entry back into UK without proof of residency cards?It will have been 6 mths by then which seems awfully long for just a renewal card.Please can you give us advice

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry. 

If your children travel without their biometric residence permits, they will be refused entry to the UK upon return from your trip. This is because the UK Border's staff need to see evidence of their right to enter and remain in the UK before allowing them to enter.

You should write to the relevant department at the Home Office to request them to expedite the matter and issue the biometric residence permits as soon as possible, highlighting the fact that you have a family holiday booked for August. 

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors


[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]