Hi..I am on Tier 2ICT visa since March 2011 .My family has been with me and I would like to know can we apply for the ILR on the basis of Human Rights family visa as the children will also complete seven years in UK.Request you to please advise us.My son is 11 years old and is studying in a top grammar school and both the kids want to continue to stay here as they have spend a considerable amount of time since childhood.My daughter is 8 years old and was one years when we came to this country.Kindly advise.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.  If your Tier 2 ICT Visa was granted after the 6th April 2010 time spent on the visa will not usually qualify towards indefinite leave to remain (permanent residence).  We would need to talk further with you to discuss the options available to you and your family.  Someone will be in touch with you over the next few days.

Please note:  This answer does not constitute legal advice.  To provide legal advice, we must receive your formal instruction.

Best wishes

OTS Solicitors 

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]