Hi I have been sponsored tier 2 visa in the UK to work as a nurse and I have a boyfriend (we are in long distance relationship since 7 years) we want to get settled in the UK and I want to get him to the UK as my dependent. Is it possible to bring him here as my dependent even if we are not married or we haven’t lived together for 2 years in the same house? Thanks.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.  We can certainly book a meeting to discuss this matter with you. However, please note if you intend to apply as unmarried partner, you will need to show that you have been living together for 2 years akin to marriage. If you have not, you will not qualify to bring him as your dependent. Please contact our office to speak with one of our solicitors if you need further advice. Please kindly phone us on 02039599123 to book an appointment.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]