How can I bring my brother to UK from Turkey?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.

If you are settled in the UK (ie have Indefinite Leave to Remain or British citizenship), you may be able to bring your brother over as an Adult Dependent Relative. However, the eligibility for this type of visa is extremely strict.

To qualify for an Adult Dependent Relative Visa, you must prove:
You must prove that:
- your brother needs long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks because of illness, disability or your age
- the care he needs is not available or affordable in the country you live in
- you will be able to support, accommodate and care for your brother without claiming public funds for at least five years

If your brother does not need care then he may be able to join you for up to six months on a Standard Visit Visa or, if he can get a job with an employer who holds a UK Sponsor Licence, a Tier 2 (General) Visa.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]