I am a British citizen from birth. I married my Russian wife 17 years ago in the UK. Due to circumstances we again received her IDR resident permit in November 2015. We now want to apply for her naturalisation and her British citizen. Can we start this now as we are senior citizens and would like to travel to Europe.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your question.  

Your wife should be able to apply for citizenship since she acquired indefinite leave to remain in 2015.

Someone will be in touch with you to talk with you about your options.

Please note: this answer does not constitute legal advice.  We must have your formal instructions to provide legal advice.

Best wishes,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]