I am a UK-born permanent resident and am planning to marry a Venezualan national. She has just finished a Master's Degree in Berlin, Germany so has a Looking for work German Visa plus a UK Tourist Visa. I believe we want to apply for a Family Visa in the UK, but would like further clarification about process and timeframe?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your question.

If your partner is planning to come to the UK for a short time (under 6 months) your partner may apply for visit visa. If your partner is planning to settle in the UK as your spouse,  your partner may apply for a Spouse visa.

We will require further information from you in order to advise you on this matter.

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]