I am a UK citizen. Would my wife from Jamaica, need to take an English test if she is applying to join me in the UK? The UK government website says no, but locally in Jamaica some people are saying they have to take a test. Can you confirm please? Many thanks.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your Immigration enquiry.

Your wife should not be required to take the English Language test as she is from a majority English speaking country.

A solicitor will contact you to discuss your matter further.


OTS Solicitors 

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]