I am a UK national. My fiancé (American) is on a Tier 2 visa. If she gives up her job and leaves the UK, can she come back on a spousal visa once we are married? Should she move to a fiancé visa while she is here and later to a spousal visa if she intends to stop working but we wish to stay in the UK?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Dear Sir, we can confirm that your spouse may not need to in fact leave the UK to remain her as your partner and that there may be other options available to your partner prior to considering her return to the US . OTS Solicitors have a specialist team which deal with these queries and shall be in touch in order assist you with your query.  

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]