I am a US citizen who was offered a job in the UK. What procedures should me and my employer follow, and can they be done here in the UK or do I need to go back to the states for the procedure?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry. 

We require further information in order to advise you on the appropriate visa application process. However, from the information you have provided, if your employer has an existing Sponsorship Licence, you can be issued with a certificate of sponsorship to come to the UK as a tier 2 General migrant. The application will need to be made from the US, due to your current visa status. If your employer does not already have a Sponsorship Licence, we can help them to apply for the relevant licence to employ you.

To book an appointment, you can call us on 0203 959 9123 or contact us here: https://otssolicitors.co.uk/contact 
[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]