I came to the UK in 2002 with a South African passport through citizenship, but I am a Ghanaian, I have recently applied for a Ghanaian passport and got it, I had a student visa afterwards I arrived in the UK, but could not finish my course because my partner and son joined me from Ghana causing my expenses to increase, my son came when he was 10 years and he is now 24 with Leave to Remain as well as my partner, I also have a son born here in the UK who 12 years coming 13 this October, we have applied UK citizenship for him which we are still waiting, with my student visa in 2002, I got my national insurance number and UK driving licence, at the moment I am illegal here, what are my chances as my 12 year UK born son solely depends on me, thank you Sir/Madam.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry.

You may be eligible to make an application for Leave to Remain in the UK relying upon your Article 8 Rights under the ECHR as well as the length of time spent in the UK. We will need more information from you in order to advise you in full about your Immigration status in the UK.

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]