I have married a British citizen ON 20TH JULY 2012 . I have completed my 1st visa extension and my current extension is going to expire in July 2017. When and what is the next steps i should follow as to remain indefinitely within the UK.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question. Once you have completed five years’ residency in the UK, you may apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. You may need to pass an English language test and a Life in the UK test, as well as meet other eligibility criteria.

However, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form on our website.

Please therefore contact us to obtain further advice. We can ensure your Indefinite Leave to Remain application is processed quickly and smoothly.

Best regards

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]