I was in the student visa before and it expired on 2015. Now I have a partner who is British and his income is above 18600. Can I appeal to get married with him over here and apply for a spouse visa. Or has to go back and apply from back home. We are been together for 1 year. Can I return here if I go back to apply as an overstayed my visa. Thank you?

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question. You may have been able to apply in the UK and 'switch' to a family visa. However, your situation may be complicated by the fact you have overstayed in the UK after your visa has expired. We would need to talk with you further and obtain further information about your situation to assist you.
Someone will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contact us on 0207 936 9960 or through our Contact Form.
I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,
OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]