Ivs had my grand daughter for nearly 4 years from birth, now her mother wants her back, but is very unstable

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for getting in touch with us.
The first thing we would need to ascertain is whether there are any court orders in place, e.g. child arrangements order that the granddaughter lives with you, and whether you have acquired parental responsibility.. As the grandparent, there are a few options for your granddaughter to remain living with you, for example, applying for a child arrangements order or a special guardianship order (as the granddaughter had been living with you for nearly 4 years, you would not require permission of the court to apply for either). There is a difference between the two orders and we would need detailed instructions in respect of all the facts in order to advise you appropriately.
To discuss this in more detail over an appointment, please call us on 0203 959 9123 or contact us here: https://otssolicitors.co.uk/contact 
[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]