my brothers wife died a yr ago. she was indian national. if he would like to remarry from india again would the new wife have to pass english language test and also would he need all the required supporting documents, or could visa case be fast tracked with help of first wifes death certificate.

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your enquiry. 

Your brother and his future wife will have to meet all of the requirements under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. His wife to be must meet the English language requirement unless she is exempt (We can advise you as to when one is exempt from meeting this requirement).

You cannot fast track an application by virtue of the death certificate. You will have to provide the death certificate as evidence anyway to prove that your brother was legally free to marry for the second time.

The only way to fast track an application is to pay for a premium service which will ensure that a decision is reached within 15 working days from the date the biometric information is enrolled at the relevant visa application centre. Otherwise, it could take up to 12 weeks for the entry clearance officer to make a decision. 

Someone will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can help you further.

Please note, this answer cannot be taken as a legal advice until we have your full instructions. The answer provided above is for information purposes only, if you would like to proceed to full legal advice and consultation with our Immigration solicitors, please let us know your availability for an appointment by contacting us on 0207 936 9960 or through our contact form.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

OTS Solicitors

[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]