My son is getting a divorce from his wife and they have two children. He is now living with me again. They have been to see a mediator and he see his children two hours a week and as the grandparents she will not let us see them as we smoke is there anything we can do to see them

Areas of Expertise: 

Public Answer: 

Thank you for your question.
We will require more information in order to advise as to your exact position. If there is no possibility for you to reach an agreement with your grandchildren’s mother, you may have the option to apply to the court for a child arrangements order to have contact with the grandchildren. However, as the grandparents you may require the court’s permission in order to apply for the child arrangements order. If proceedings are initiated, the court will have regard to the welfare checklist and what is in the best interests of your grandchildren. 
Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to give us a call 0203 959 9123 or contact us here:
[This question has been successfully answered by our lawyers in a private e-mail]